"It's so important to remember that the only reason you didn't get a part is because someone else did. It was nothing that you did wrong!
- Sarah Mikulski, vocal company (Manhattan School of Music, 2017)
I let rejection be my fire. It is what motivates me to become a better actor, singer, and dancer. I know that if I'm not at the top of my game, I can't have the positive effect on the world that I want to have.
- Drake Sherman, vocal company (Arizona State University, 2018)
"Treat every mistake as if you did it on purpose!"
- Sam Kronenfled, vocal company (Carnegie Mellon University, 2016)
“The best way to combat nerves is preparation. Find parts of your performance that you feel confident in and focus on those!”
- Kyle Becker, vocal company (Central Michigan University)
"It may sound cliche, but just breathe. Also, do your homework; the more preparation you do, the less nervous you'll be. *a few seconds go by* Also, tea. Breathe, prepare, and tea."
- Simon Faddoul, vocal company (University of Arizona, 2019)
"I like to remember all the hard work that I've done to prepare. Sometimes, I'll think about my past successful performances and auditions and think of how awesome they felt. It also doesn't hurt to give yourself a little pep talk!"
- George Marn, vocal company (College of Wooster, 2018)
"Because there's no business like show business!"
- Tom Simpson, Lighting Designer (Emerson College, 2018)
“I got interested in show business because all my friends were actors, and while acting was not really for me, I had always loved clothing, so costuming was a way to stay involved in the theatre, and I had found my calling!”
- Emma Smith-Siegert, costume desginer (University of Arizona, 2015)
"Because theatre brings me a form of happiness that I can't get anywhere else. It's a wonderful creative outlet to express myself."
- Nicole Weitzman, vocal company (University of Buffalo 2017)
“Only compare yourself to you. Your goal should be to get better every day, and always move forward!”
- Garrett Martin, Associate Conductor (Penn State, 2018)
"Always remember that you are good enough. You have the qualities to succeed in you innately, but hard work and dedication is the pathway to bringing these qualities to the forefront."
- Micah Krajca, vocal company (Texas A&M Commerce, 2018)
Tips from the Pros
Our company consists of 32 incredibly talented vocalists, 18 stellar orchestra members, and a crew of 12 seasoned technicians and costumers. With their wealth of knowledge and experience, we thought it best to share some insight with our young audience!